The European Patent Office in Munich is seeking a Management Assistant/Secretary (Administrative Employee) *
in the President's Office (DG 01)
One-year contract (extensions possible, subject to a maximum total contract term of 36 months)
Deadline for applications: 5.9.2013
The President is supported in his daily work by the President's office.
A Management Assistant /Secretary's post has arisen within the team.
- Managing of mail: re-routing or replying where applicable; escalating to the appropriate person inside the Presidential Area where applicable.
- Maintenance of Common-Log (particular document management software) and keeping track of deadlines set.
- Duties related to the Administrative Council and its bodies; including preparation of meetings and other tasks.
- Organisation of meetings and events (for example Management Advisory Committee).
- Preparation and coordination of duty travels for the President and members of the President's office.
- Establishment and maintenance of archives.
- General secretarial tasks (dealing with phone requests, establishment and maintenance of the various archives in the Presidential area, organising and supervising of travel arrangements etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
- be able to work independently under tight deadlines
- be able to deal with highly confidential information
- have good diplomatic and communication skills
- be able to work flexibel hours
- have good knowledge of standard PC software (MS Office, Lotus Notes,etc.)
Completed secondary education (additional diplomas would be an advantage). Working knowledge of the EPO official languages**.
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire.
It is intended to hold the interviews in Munich in week 37.
Application until: 5.9.2013
Please apply by sending us your online application
Instructions for online job applications to the European Patent Office
How to get there: directions for the European Patent Office in Munich
* Grade B5/B1
** English, French and German