Provision of a VoIP/UC implementation based on Skype for Business
The European Patent Organisation (EPO) acting through the European Patent Office: Headquarters, Bob-van-Benthem-Platz 1, D-80469 Munich, Postal address: EPO, D-80298 Munich.
The European Patent Organisation is an intergovernmental organisation set up pursuant to the European Patent Convention which entered into force in 1977. At present it has 38 Member States (Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and United Kingdom). The executive body of the EPO is the European Patent Office which is charged with the searching and examination of European patent applications and the granting of European patents. It employs approximately 6700 staff at EPO headquarters in Munich, a branch at The Hague/Rijswijk (NL) and sub-offices in Berlin and Vienna (the number of Member States and staff members indicated may change).
Restricted invitation to tender with discretionary award of contract.
Provision of a VoIP/UC implementation based on Skype for Business, covering migration of telephony and voice services from a PABX environment to an existing Microsoft Skype for Business environment consisting of approximately 8000 users. This includes implementation services in Microsoft Skype for Business and the purchase, delivery and maintenance of PSTN Gateways, Analogue gateways and IP-Phones. Also included are the purchase, delivery, implementation and maintenance of a Microsoft Skype for Business compatible Contact Centre Solution with approximately 150 agents and approximately 30 call flows, and a Call Recording solution. The Call Recording solution must be compatible with Microsoft Skype for Business and have a capacity to record approximately 50 concurrent calls and provide retention periods of 7 days up until 5 years.
Within 30 days of completion and acceptance.
Recurring charges: monthly in arrears
Delivery at the five locations of the EPO (Munich, The Hague/Rijswijk, Berlin, Vienna, Brussels).
The contract shall have a three year duration from contract signature with two possible extensions of one year each, at the EPO's discretion.
Proposals for variants, the effect of which would be to reduce significantly the rights and safeguards of the EPO, are not allowed.
4 July 2017, 12.00 hrs (CET)
Interested parties may show their interest in participating in this tender procedure by replying to the Pre-Selection Questions as described under point 11 (Other Information) to the e-mail address listed under point 6f of this Published Notice.
Additionally, interested parties shall download the Confidentiality Agreement, follow the instructions on the coversheet, complete and sign in two copies the resulting document and send it to the EPO in two ways:
(1) scan the completed and signed Confidentiality Agreement and email this scan to the e-mail address listed under point 6f of this Published Notice by the date stated above and
(2) send two signed originals to the EPO postal address listed under point 6f of this Published Notice, with dispatch to the postal or courier service at the latest by the date stated above. The EPO would expect the two originals to arrive at the EPO no later than by the third working day after the date stated above.
As clarification of answers to the Pre-Selection Questions may be needed, the EPO would appreciate if interested parties submit their reply to the Pre-Selection Questions as early as possible in order to keep the subsequent timelines.
Based on the assessment of the above pre-selection questions, the eligible participants will receive one copy of the Confidentiality Agreement signed on behalf of the EPO.
The Procurement Documents will only be made available to the eligible participants who have signed the Confidentiality Agreement. Distribution of the Procurement Documents is scheduled for mid-July 2017.
Provisionally scheduled for end of August 2017. Exact date will be communicated to the eligible participants with the dispatch of the Procurement Documents.
Questions must be submitted by letter or E-Mail.
Provisionally scheduled for end of September 2017. Exact date will be communicated to the eligible participants with the dispatch of the Procurement Documents.
Bids shall be submitted in one original with price information (offer form and any supporting documents) and one copy, to be filed on data carrier, without price information as searchable PDF.
European Patent Office
Central Procurement the Hague 4.8 (2095)
Patentlaan 2, 2288 EE Rijswijk, the Netherlands
P.O. Box 5818, 2280 HV Rijswijk, the Netherlands
Please submit bids by post only and not by fax or E-Mail. Bids submitted by fax or E-Mail will be excluded.
The Procurement Documents will be available in English only.
If several bidders submit a joint bid, they must be jointly and severally liable for the performance of the obligations under the contract. A declaration to this effect, duly signed by all members of the grouping and appointing a representative that is authorised to act on behalf of all members, must be submitted with the bid.
Bids from bidders who do not fulfil the selection criteria stated in Point 11 of this Published Notice and/or whose circumstances are such as seriously to call into question their financial and professional reliability (see Article 2 of the General Conditions of Tender, available under www.epo.org) will not be considered for contract award.
Bidders' know-how, capacity and reliability to fulfil the contract will be assessed on basis of the information and evidence submitted in reply to the questionnaire in Annex 1 to the General Conditions of Tender and any additional questionnaire(s) included in the Procurement Documents.
Six months following the final date for receipt of bids which will be indicated with the dispatch of the Procurement Documents.
The contract shall be awarded (award criteria) to the bidder whose bid is to be preferred having regard to the bidder's ability to meet the requirements of the EPO to be measured by:
Financial aspects: 40%
Technical and organisational aspects: 60%
The technical and organisational aspects are measured by:
Products and components: 40%
Organisation, services and skills: 60%
If interested in participating in this tender, parties shall send their reply to the questions below in a table format, including requested evidence, as well as the Confidentiality Agreement to the e-mail address mentioned under point 6f of this Published Notice within the notice mentioned under point 6a:
Economic and Financial Capacity of the bidder:
1. Please confirm that the statutory seat of your company (legal entity) is in a Contracting State to the European Patent Convention, as specified in Point 1 of this Published Notice. Please provide evidence.
2. Does your company have an annual turnover of approximately EUR 10 Million or more? Please provide evidence.
3. Please confirm that your company is not bankrupt or being wound up, has ceased or suspended business activities, is being administered by courts or has entered into arrangements with creditors or analogous situations.
4. Please confirm that the EPO may run a solvency check on your company via an external source (i.e. Dun & Bradstreet).
5. Please supply details and the name(s) of the representative(s) authorised to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement on behalf of your company, together with a recent excerpt from the commercial or similar register for your company (where so needed supplemented by additional information). In case the register does not specify this concretely, please arrange for a power of attorney.
Technical and Professional Capacity of the bidder:
6. Please confirm and provide evidence that your company has sufficient staff with experience and knowledge to cope with the requested work as described under point 3a of this published notice.
7. Please confirm and provide evidence that your company has at least 3 years’ experience in providing design, goods delivery, implementation, migration, maintenance and support for IP telephony based upon a Lync/ Skype for Business platform to organisations in Europe of a similar size as the EPO?
8. Please confirm and provide evidence that your company can deliver and implement: