||New features (compared with previous release)
|BiSSAP Version 1.3.6
||The EPO is pleased to inform users of its BiSSAP software
that a new version is now available for download.
Version 1.3.6 contains:
A BiSSAP installation package compatible with Microsoft
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 (both 32- and 64-bit systems) and with Java 6, 7 or 8.
Technical compatibility with Java 8
|BiSSAP Version 1.3
The EPO is pleased to inform users of its BiSSAP software
that a new version 1.3 is now available for download.
The 1.3 version contains:
new features and minor functional
installation package compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 64 bit
are ordered by create time instead alphabetically
of stop codons extended by missing triplets
Sequence Description" is available from Sequence Editor
DNA\RNA" molecule type added
generating Sequence Listing with gaps in sequences user is asked to choose one
of the options: fill gaps with skip code or reorder sequences
application data are moved together with general Sequence Listing data
application data are mandatory either in File reference or Current Application
and Password added to proxy settings
and Languages preferences removed
of PRT sequence removed
Priority Claims" option removed
sequence listing in XML removed
sequences from XML removed
sequence listing between ST.25 and XML removed
improvements in performance
|BiSSAP Version 1.2
- "Additional settings for ST.25 format" window. The following options can be chosen:
- use/do not use negative numbering for amino acids preceding the mature protein (feature keys: sig_peptide, mat_peptide, SIGNAL, PROPEP) (see ST.25, par. 21);
- include/do not include the conceptual translation by means of a translation table qualifier for each CDS feature (see ST.25, Appendix II, Table 5);
- present/do not present in mixed mode the sequences containing CDS features (see ST.25, par. 20). (Note: in case of overlapping CDSs, only the first one will be represented in mixed mode);
- generate/do not generate amino acid sequences corresponding to the CDS features (if not previously done) (see ST.25, par. 7).
- Support for publication data (numeric items <300> - <313>).
- Support for all obsolete EMBL feature keys still valid under ST.25 (see ST.25, Appendix II, Tables 5 and 6).
- Amino acid sequences corresponding to the CDS features are appended at the end of the current list of sequences.
- Alternative translation tables can be used.
- Maximum number of characters set to 260 for additional information (within a feature).
- Improved error and warning messages.
- Disclaimer added to "Loading sequence listing" window.
- Definitions of protein feature keys added to the Help.
- Improved reordering of the sequences.
- Taxonomy update can be launched upon user's request.
|BiSSAP Version 1.1 or earlier
|Important information for users of BiSSAP
BiSSAP Version 1.1
Contains new features, minor technical corrections and functional changes.
Please note: during the creation of RNA sequences, "u" is not replaced by "t"
- "Save" button in all editors
- Double-clicking the elements opens an editor. The "details editors" have been removed
- Copy/paste several elements of the same type (e.g. features) in a single operation
- "Additional Sequence Description" field in the "Create Sequence Dialog". The content of this field (if not empty) is added as a "note" qualifier in the "source" feature. This field becomes mandatory if the "Organism" field is set to "Artificial/Unknown"
- The "mol_type" qualifier values now depend on the molecule-type field in the sequence
- "Synthetic construct" is converted to "Artificial sequence", not vice versa
The user guide has been updated accordingly.
- Problems concerning insufficient privileges for users without administrative rights solved
- Shortcut keys