By Law No. 39/2010 of 22 December 20101 some patent fees payable to the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office have been changed.
Applicants for and proprietors of European patents with effect in Spain are advised that from 1 January 2011 the following rates apply:
1. Publication of translations of the claims pursuant to Article 67(3) EPC: EUR 104.62;
EUR 88.93 for translations on magnetic data carrier
2. Publication of translations of the patent specification under Article 65 EPC:
EUR 311.49 plus EUR 12.51 for each page of the translation in excess of 22;
EUR 264.77 plus EUR 10.63 for translations on magnetic data carrier
3. The renewal fees have remained unchanged.
4. Conversion of European patent applications or patents into national patent applications or patents:
Filing fee: EUR 72
Fee for each foreign priority: EUR 19.08
5. Registering transfers, licences and other rights: EUR 12.85 for each entry (unchanged).
Users of this brochure (14th edition) should amend Tables III.B, column 2, IV, column 5, and VII, column 2, accordingly.