The last quarter of the year 2010 saw a slight increase in
IP filings and a considerable growth in registrations. There was a
disproportionally high increase in applications from foreigners.
Some of the most important trends compared to the same
period in 2009 include:
- applications for all IP rights (patents, utility models,
designs, trademarks) increased by 3.4%
- applications by foreigners for all IP rights increased by 11.4%
while domestic filings rose by 1.4%
- applications for patents increased by 6.5% while utility
model applications decreased by 17.6%
- grants of all IP rights increased by 26.7%
- patent grants increased by 30.6% while registrations of
utility models grew by 19.8%.
For further information, please refer to KIPO
news of 1 April 2011.