Désolé. Actuellement, cette page n'existe pas en français.
Compared to the same period in 2010, applications for IP rights remained roughly on the same level while the number of registrations rose significantly. Applications for patents slightly increased, in particular because of a considerable growth of filings by foreigners.
Some of the most important trends compared to the first quarter in the previous year include:
- applications for all IP rights (patents, utility models, designs, trademarks) slightly decreased by 0.4%
- applications for patents increased by 2.2% while utility model filings further decreased by 18.6%
- by nationality, patent applications from foreigners rose by 6.2%, filings from Koreans grew by 0.8%
- grants of all IP rights increased by 33.3%
- patent grants increased by 35.3% while grants of utility models grew by 19.5%
For further information, please refer to KIPO news of 24 May 2011.