The free EPAB online search tool is designed for people who need to monitor European patent applications and granted patents.
The tool offers advanced search capabilities, including full-text searching.
The EPAB interface is available in English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese.
The European patent applications and granted patents are also available on DVDs offering the same advanced search capabilities (DVDs delivered weekly, see ESPACE EP-A/B).
Coverage and updates
Starting at EP 0000001 A1, the full text of all European patent applications (A publications) and specifications (B publications) is now searchable. Update every Wednesday at 14.00 hrs CET.
- Perform your searches in a secured https environment
- Use over 60 search criteria covering indexed bibliographic data, including citations, classifications and representatives, as well as descriptions and claims
- Display the bibliographic data, description, claims, all drawings and legal status
- Have direct access to the original document in PDF
- Translate the titles, abstracts, descriptions and claims of the retrieved documents to and from English and many other languages using the Patent Translate machine-translation feature
- Save your search queries for later use (e.g. for patent monitoring)
- Customise your result lists, and select different export formats (e.g. PDF, XML)
- Represent your search statistics graphically