Designed for automated queries, our Open Patent Services (OPS) deliver production-stable and high-quality raw patent data 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
OPS gives registered users access to the EPO's raw data via a standardised XML interface. The data is extracted from the EPO's databases. It includes bibliographic, legal status, full-text and European Register data, as well as images.
With OPS you can:
- access the EPO's worldwide patent data
- enrich your own software applications
- develop tailor-made clients
- integrate your own data with data available via OPS.
To make optimum use of OPS, you should be familiar with web services and RESTful architecture.
- Register as a non-paying user and download data up to a maximum volume of 2.5 GB per week free-of-charge.
- Register as a paying user and download more than 2.5 GB per week
For quick look-ups and testing we allow users to use OPS free of charge and without registration. For more information see the Fair use charter and the OPS user documentation (Chapter 2.3.1)
Users must accept the Terms and conditions of use for OPS on registration.
For more information on how to use OPS contact email@example.com.
New OPS user
OPS user login
Access to developers testing area