20 March 2014
The EPO is pleased to inform
users of its Online Filing software that a new update 5.07 for Version
5.06 (build 18.104.22.168) is now available for download.
We highly recommended that users install
Users who have activated the Live
Update function will be notified automatically.
The 5.07 update contains:
- new features and functional changes related
to amendments to the EPC's Implementing Regulations as of 1 April 2014
- EP and PCT fee increases
- changes to the procedure for divisionals (Rule
- changes to the filing of translations and
reduction of fees under Rule 6 EPC:
30% reduction in all filing fees for applications filed in an admissible
30% reduction in the examination fee for requests for examination filed in an
admissible non-EPO language;
both applicable only to entities or natural persons making a declaration under Rule 6(4)
- introduction of a deferred execution date which
allows users to have debit orders executed up to 40 days after their submission
- functional adaptations and arrangements
- updated list of biological material depositary
- F1001 and F1200 adapted to allow the addition of
future validation states
- minor technical corrections and fixes.
Most legal changes will only become visible in the software from 1 April
Those still using older supported versions of
Online Filing V5 (build 5.0.0.057
up to build 5.0.5.096) can
download a separate update reflecting the 1 April 2014 fees (EP and PCT) only.
The new fees will apply exclusively to newly created drafts, filings and