As a foreign applicant, do I need to appoint a professional representative in China?

Yes. If a foreign applicant, enterprise or organisation does not have a residential or business address in China, they must appoint a legally established patent agent to represent them in the patent prosecution procedure in China.

If you require a more detailed answer, please send us your question using the contact form.