Can I request an extension of the patent term in Chinese Taipei?

Supplementary protection certificates (SPCs) are known as "patent term extensions" in Chinese Taipei. You can apply for an extension (of a maximum of five years) if your patent is for a pharmaceutical, an agrochemical, or a process for their preparation, and marketing the patented invention is subject to governmental approval. Only one extension is possible.

If you require a more detailed answer, please send us your question using the contact form.