As a foreign applicant, do I need to appoint a professional representative in Chinese Taipei?

Yes. If you do not have a residential or business address in Chinese Taipei, you must appoint a TIPO-registered professional representative to represent you in the patent grant procedure there.

If you require a more detailed answer, please send us your question using the contact form.