How soon after filing an application in Japan do I need to file a request for examination?

You should submit this request within three years of the date of filing or (for PCT applications) the international filing date. It is also possible to request accelerated examination on certain specific grounds.

If you require a more detailed answer, please send us your question using the contact form.