How can I challenge a granted patent in Korea?

Between 1 July 2007 and February 2017, the only way to do this was via invalidation proceedings. However, opposition was re-introduced on 1 March 2017, so now two procedures are available again. Invalidation requests challenging one or more claims can now only be filed by interested parties, but any time after grant (and even after the patent has expired). The recently re-introduced opposition procedure can be initiated by anyone, but only within six months as from publication of the granted patent.

If you require a more detailed answer, please send us your question using the contact form.