Contracting state to the London Agreement on the application of Art. 65 EPC?
A translation of the patent specification into Romanian must be supplied under the conditions provided for in Art. 65(1) EPC.
Must a national professional representative be appointed?
Applicants with neither residence nor principal place of business in Romania must appoint a representative authorised to act before the OSIM.
Period for filing the translation
(i) 3 months after the date on which the mention of the grant or the decision to maintain the patent as amended is published in the European Patent Bulletin;
(ii) extendible by three months
(a) Special fee payable?
(b) If so, when due?
(a) (i) EUR 100 or RON 495 plus EUR 5 or RON 25 for each page of the translation in excess of 20
(ii) EUR 200 or RON 989 plus EUR 5 or RON 25 for each page of the translation in excess of 20
(b) (i) Within period pursuant to section 4(i)
(ii) before the end of the period specified in section 4(ii)
Annex 1.31 Fees Ord.
(a) Must a form be used?
(b) No. of copies to be filed
(a) No, but recommended
Manner and form in which the translation is made available to the public
Inspection in reading room
Mention in the patent bulletin
Correction of translation
(b) Special fee payable?
(b) EUR 20 or RON 99
Art. 7(2) AccEPCLaw
The following data must be provided with the translation:
- EP application and publication numbers,
- EP application and publication dates,
- number and date of the European Patent Bulletin in which the grant was mentioned,
- names and addresses of the owner(s) and the inventor(s),
- the title of the invention in Romanian,
- drawings, if any,
- as well as a signed declaration stating that the translation corresponds to the original text of the patent specification.
If the EPO maintains the patent in an amended form, a Romanian translation of the amended text must be filed.