INFORMATION FROM THE EPO
More information now available from the European Patent Office's EPIDOS Information Register on-line
1. New on-line services from the European Patent Office
At last year's EPIDOS user meeting in Stockholm, a new on-line service from the EPO was presented to the public. This new service provides improved access to the databases of the EPIDOS Information Register on-line.
Compared with the old system, the new on-line service gives users access to much more information on the Register. Information from the two databases - the Register of European Patents (Rule 92 EPC) and the EPIDOS Information Register - can now be retrieved using the following criteria:
- European or international application or publication number (gives all data stored under the corresponding number)
- Name of applicant (lists all published patent applications from this applicant)
- International Patent Classification (gives all European patent applications published under the patent classification entered)
- Priority number (identifies the associated European patent application and its patent classification).
In addition, users are able to trace the progress of a patent application or patent over the preceding two months.
Notwithstanding the new improvements, the fee for using these new on-line services remains unchanged, at DEM 2.50 per transaction, irrespective of the quantity of data received.
The new EPIDOS Information Register on-line will be available to users as of 1 June 1996.
2. Training courses for users of the EPIDOS Information Register on-line
In co-operation with a number of national patent offices the European Patent Office will be offering training courses for users of the new on-line service. These courses are designed for those wishing to access the database of the Register of European Patents and the EPIDOS Information Register on-line using electronic search tools.
The following courses have so far been planned for 1996:
London (British Library): 25 April, 26 April
Vienna (EPO): 13 May, 20 May, 17 June
Munich (EPO, Isar building): 21 May, 22 May.
Further training courses may be offered subject to demand. For further information please contact the EPO's Vienna sub-office on:
Tel.: (+43 1) 521 26307
Fax: (+43 1) 521263292 or