II. BUSINESS DISTRIBUTION 2020
II.2 - Business distribution scheme of the Legal Board of Appeal for 2020
pursuant to Rule 12b, paragraph 4, of the Implementing Regulations to the European Patent Convention, as amended by decision CA/D 6/16 of the Administrative Council of 30 June 2016, which entered into force on 1 July 2016 (see OJ EPO 2016, A100),
having regard to Article 1, paragraph 1, of the Rules of Procedure of the Boards of Appeal,
hereby adopts the following business distribution scheme:
Members of the Legal Board of Appeal
The Legal Board of Appeal is composed as follows:
Wim van der Eijk
Sofía Fernández de Córdoba
Paul de Heij
Composition of the board for a particular appeal
(1) On receipt of an appeal by the registry, the Chairman shall determine the composition of the board responsible for deciding it from amongst the Board members.
(2) In determining the composition the Chairman shall in particular take account of the workload of each member and the language requirements of the case.
(3) Where appeals pending before the Board are closely linked, in particular by involving similar legal or factual questions, the Chairman may order that the board shall decide in the same composition.
(4) If a member cannot or can no longer participate in a case for which he has been designated, the Chairman shall designate another member of the Board to replace that member, having regard in particular to the criteria indicated in paragraph 2.
Term of validity
This business distribution scheme shall apply from 1 January 2020 until 31 December 2020.
Done at Haar on 9 December 2019
For the Presidium
* The Chairman's deputy is indicated by an asterisk (*).