II. BUSINESS DISTRIBUTION 2020
II.4 - Business distribution scheme of the Disciplinary Board of Appeal for 2020
In my capacity as Chairman of the Disciplinary Board of Appeal of the European Patent Office, having regard to Article 1 of the Additional Rules of Procedure of the Disciplinary Board of Appeal of the European Patent Office, I hereby adopt the following business distribution scheme:
Members of the Disciplinary Board of Appeal
The Disciplinary Board of Appeal shall comprise the Chairman and the members listed below:
Pierre H. Gendraud
Terence L. Johnson
Dina Korper Žemva
Legally qualified members:
Designation of members and rapporteur responsible for an appeal
(1) On receipt of an appeal by the registry, the Chairman shall determine the composition of the board responsible for deciding it from amongst the Board members.
(2) In determining the composition the Chairman shall, apart from Article 10, paragraph 4, of the Regulation on discipline for professional representatives, take account in particular of the workload of each member and the language requirements of the case.
(3) If a member cannot or can no longer participate in a case for which he has been designated, the Chairman shall designate another member of the Board to replace that member, having regard in particular to the criteria indicated in paragraph 2.
(4) The rapporteur shall be designated in accordance with Article 5, paragraph 1, of the Additional Rules of Procedure of the Disciplinary Board of Appeal.
Composition of the board where a number of appeals are closely linked
Where appeals pending before the Board are closely linked, in particular by involving similar legal or factual questions, the Chairman may order that the board shall decide in the same composition.
Term of validity
This business distribution scheme shall apply from 1 January 2020 until 31 December 2020.
Done at Haar on 9 December 2019
* The Chairman's deputy is indicated by an asterisk (*).