Leider ist diese Seite derzeit nicht in deutscher Sprache verfügbar.
You can use Global patent index to carry out low-cost, expert searches on the state of the art (technology surveys) and legal issues (novelty, freedom to operate, etc).
You can also use it to gather competitive intelligence, for example by performing competitor/technology watches and basic statistical analyses.
Register for a two-month free trial or
Subscribe to Global patent index for an all-inclusive price (no additional charges) of only EUR 775 per user per year.
Subscribe for two or more users and we will give you a reduction of EUR 75 for each subsequent user.
The Global patent index interface is available in English, French and German.
Coverage and updates
Global patent index is based on the EPO's DocDB bibliographic worldwide patent database collection and INPADOC worldwide legal status database. It is updated weekly, on Fridays at 12.00 hrs CET.
- Perform your searches in a secured encrypted https environment
- Make use of over 100 search criteria covering indexed bibliographic data, citations, classifications and more
- Display the legal status, patent family (simple and extended) and representative image
- Access the full original patent documents, mosaics and CPC codes via hyperlinks to Espacenet
- Machine-translate the titles and abstracts of the retrieved documents to and from English and many other languages using the Patent Translate feature
- Save your search queries for later use (e.g. for patent watches)
- Customise your result lists and document content in different display and reporting formats
- Carry out basic statistical analyses
Interface user manual (PDF,
GPI user manual
(PDF, 516 KB)
Tips and tricks