Prevention is better than cure, and technology is an important means to support the population in prevention. Digital technologies will play an increasingly important role too. Contact tracing, for example, has become a standard pandemic counter-measure in many countries. Artificial intelligence can be harnessed to provide both an understanding of how the virus spreads as well as ways to contain it. Many aspects of the new normal will rely on digital technologies to keep us safe.
Modern tickets machines, vending machines, cash dispensers and the like all present a risk of infection because they are touched by many strangers. Providing a contactless user interface is another way to reduce infection.
Healthcare informatics specifically adapted for the handling or processing of medical or healthcare data (CPC, IPC subclass G16H) is covered in Healthcare informatics.
We are carriers of the virus and our behaviours are key to containing viral spread. Monitoring technologies will thus play an increasingly important role in shaping the new normal.
- Monitoring people with Covid-19 symptoms: General
- Tracking people with Covid-19 symptoms: Fever detection in thermal images
- Tracking people with COVID-19 symptoms and risk of spreading: Detecting coughing and sneezing (in general)
- Monitoring people wearing masks
- Monitoring people washing hands
Telecommunications is playing a vital role - every smartphone can be a tool to prevent the spread of disease.
- "Corona App" contact tracing
- Security aspects related to the "Corona App" contact tracing
- Connection management for emergency connections
Artificial intelligence can be harnessed to help combat viral spread by understanding the mechanisms of disease, determining and supporting pharmaceutical treatments.
- Using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to help understand how the virus spreads
- Artificial Intelligence for patient simulation
- Artificial Intelligence for disease simulation
- Artificial Intelligence for infection modelling
- Artificial Intelligence for drug screening
- Artificial Intelligence for analysis of (viral) pulmonary infections
- Deep Neural Networks for analysis of lung infections
- Artificial Intelligence for genetic sequencing of coronavirus
- Artificial Intelligence for epidemic evolution and tracking
- Artificial Intelligence and the use of molecular/biomolecular/DNA computers for PCR/antigen tests
To combat the virus, one must detect it. Virus detection, imaging and analysis are the first steps towards treatment.
- Methods to detect virus infection in tissues
- Imaging of virus infections in tissues
- Detection or analysis of coronavirus by mass spectrometry
- Detection or analysis of virus by mass spectrometry
Patent analytics gives a deeper dive into the patent landscape. Our patent analysts have created a spreadsheet containing all the search strategies, datasets for digital technologies patents and additional statistics in one place for you to download. You can also run the search strategies on your own platform or analyse the datasets yourself. If you are not familiar with how to write or adapt search strategies, our Espacenet pocket guide will help.