The Mailbox service allows professional representatives, legal practitioners (Art.134(8) EPC, or applicants who have their residence or place of business in an EPC Contracting state to receive communications from the EPO online.
The EPO is committed to making it possible to send all EPO communications electronically, in all proceedings and to all addressees.
- Accessing Mailbox for the first time
Access Mailbox with a secure smart card connection. Enter your smart card and press the login button.
Enrol for a smart card
Register or renew your smart card
- Getting started
List of the communications being added with effect from 1st June 2023 (XLSX, 17.1 KB)
Full list of communications which will be notified electronically via the Mailbox from 1st June 2023 (XLSX, 74.8 KB)
List of communications which are not notified electronically via the Mailbox from 1st June 2023 (XLSX, 13.1 KB)
EPO smart cards
Mailbox tutorial - This short e-learning module shows you what is available in Mailbox and gives you some sample exercises to try.
- Features and benefits
- EPO electronic communications received in a secure environment
- full audit trail of all users dealing with an incoming communication
- clear display of date of transmission and receipt and type of document
- integrated, configurable folder system
- fast – immediate access to communications
- fully documented - complete history of who did what and when
- clear - essential information at a glance
- user-friendly - special folders with search and sort functions
Once your company mailbox has been activated, you can benefit from immediate and direct access to a whole range of communications (XLSX)
My.epoline products have been tested for use with all commonly used browsers.
Quick reference guide